Description of the activity
After a welcome coffee at Tenero station, you set off by bike along the shores of Lake Maggiore to Ascona, where a guide will tell you about the agricultural specialities of the Tenuta Terreni Alla Maggia. After a tasting and an aperitif, we set off for the town of Locarno: a light lunch with a view of the Piazza Grande awaits you at the Gran Caffè Verbano. Re-energized by a good risotto, we return to Tenero for a visit to the historic Cantina Matasci with wine tasting.
PROGRAMME AND ROUTE
- Meeting point at Bar Express at Tenero station (individual arrival in Tenero by public transport or by car, parking available).
- Coffee or cappuccino and gipfel, bottle of mineral water.
- Departure by bike to Ascona.
- Arrival in Ascona at Tenuta Terreni alla Maggia. Visit of the winery with wine tasting, cheese board and typical bread.
- Departure by bike to Piazza Grande in Locarno.
- Arrival at Gran Caffè Verbano for lunch (salad, risotto, dessert).
- Free visit of the town of Locarno.
- Return by bike to Tenero
- Arrival in Tenero at Cantina Matasci for guided tour and wine tasting.
- Conclusion of the event.
* Punctuality required, thank you.
Important information: possibility of participating in the activity only with one's own bike
- The cycling route is easy and flat (about 16 km) and is done individually.
- Animals are not allowed.
- Event not suitable for children.
- Minimum 8 pax, maximum 25 pax (contact us for info).
- Registration: at least 7 days before the event date.
- Confirmation of tours by the organiser: upon reaching the minimum number of participants of 8 persons, no later than 6 days before the event. If the minimum number is not reached, the tour is cancelled by the organiser and the amount refunded.
- We recommend comfortable clothing and a sweatshirt for the cellar tours.
- The event will be cancelled if there are fewer than 8 participants.
- In the event of bad weather, the tour will be cancelled 24 hours beforehand.
- In both cases, the registration fee will be refunded.
For further information, please contact us on +41(0)91 735 60 11.