Description of the activity
The Wine & Dine takes place at the spectacular Castello di Morcote estate, with its terraced vineyards overlooking the lake and 15th century castle.
It begins with an aperitif around the Feuerring, the ring of fire that symbolises the link with the volcanic soil from which our wines are born. Before sitting down to dinner, those who wish can take a short guided tour of the winemaking cellar and barrel cellar.
Dinner takes place in the beautiful dining room overlooking the barrique cellar. The 5-course menu is inspired by the principles of biodynamics and follows Maria Thun's calendar, which indicates the days on which the moon and planets have an influence on certain parts of the plant: the fruit, flowers, leaves or roots.
Our chef uses only seasonal, local or home-grown raw materials: vegetables, herbs and flowers from our organic gardens, honey and olive oil from the Castle. Pastas, breads and preserves are also prepared in-house.
A fantastic experience in a unique setting, to savour a cuisine that comes from the same soil as our wines.
The offer includes:
- Aperitif accompanied by a glass of bubbly and appetisers cooked by our chef on the Feuerring
- 5-course menu with wines from the Castello di Morcote estate paired with the dishes, water and coffee
- Visit to the cellar and barrique cellar
- Start at 19.00, we thank you for being on time
- Possibility of visiting the castle and its park, arriving at 6 p.m.
- For groups of friends of up to 20 people we can accommodate you in the beautiful Fireplace Hall
- Children from 12 years of age
- The activity also takes place in the event of bad weather