Description of the activity
Experience a unique food and wine experience in the spectacular setting of the Castello di Morcote estate, with its terraced vineyards overlooking the lake and 15th century castle. This family business, which produces some of the best Swiss wines, was a pioneer in organic vineyard management and now also applies biodynamics.
The aperitif takes place in the garden in front of the cellar around the Feuerring, the ring of fire: it symbolises the link with the volcanic soil from which our wines are born.
Before sitting down to a meal, a guided tour of the vinification cellar and barrique cellar.
Dinner in the beautiful dining room overlooking the barrique cellar. Our Chef TIMO's creative menu is inspired by Maria Thun's biodynamic calendar, which indicates the days when the moon and planets affect the parts of the plants: fruit, flowers, leaves and roots.
Our chef uses only seasonal, local or farm-grown ingredients. Each dish is expertly and harmoniously paired with one of our wines.
The offer includes:
- Aperitif in the cellar garden, glass of bubbly and appetisers cooked by our Chef on the Feuerring
- 4-course menu in the barrel room
- Wines from the Castello di Morcote estate to accompany the dishes
- Water, coffee, grappa
- Visit to the cellar and barrique cellar
- Start at 19.00, we thank you for being on time
- Possibility of visiting the castle and its park, arriving at 6 p.m.
- From 2 to 18 people (for groups of friends we will accommodate you in the beautiful Fireplace Hall)
- Children from 12 years of age
- In the event of rain, the aperitif will be held in the Camino Hall