Description of the activity
Discover the diversity of the Bielersee wines.
A few decades ago there was practically only Chasselas and Pinot Noir on Lake Biel, but the list of cultivated varieties has grown to over 40 grape varieties to date, with rarities and specialties being cultivated in addition to the classics. All wineries are family businesses, the fine wines are produced by hand and pressed in-house.This unique wine hike leads through the vineyards and gives an exciting insight into a regional, traditional craft. You will get to know the variety of Bielersee wines and their producers, who always provide new surprises with a lot of heart and passion, because every wine has its own special feature. Discover the diversity of the Bielersee wines.
- Start in Twann or Ligerz, depending on the date.
- 2 possible routes depending on the availability of the wineries.
- Included in the price: Visit to 3 wineries, tasting of a total of 13 wines, winemaker's plate, escort
- The hike leads through the vineyards, pure hiking time approx. 1 hour.
- Good footwear required
- For wine connaisseurs, wine lovers and amateurs