Description of the activity
If you are looking for a unique and engaging experience in Ticino, Bike&Discover is for you!
The one-day guided tour starts in Mendrisio: riding our red bicycles you will visit some villages on the shores of the lake, play a game of bowls and enjoy the unique atmosphere of these places. At the same time, you will have lunch in a typical grotto and discover the history of the Mendrisiotto region by visiting the Baumgartner Gallery.
Afterwards, Switzerland's oldest cable car will take you to Monte San Giorgio, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where you will admire the magnificent panorama of Lake Ceresio. This will be followed by an aperitif at Hotel Serpiano and a tasting of some of the region's best wines at a local winery.
The Bike&Discover tour is the ideal opportunity to enjoy a unique and engaging experience through some of the most beautiful places in Ticino. Come and discover the Mendrisiotto region with us and be won over by the beauty and uniqueness of these places.
- Difficulty: medium
- Meeting time: 09:00
- Duration: approx. 8h
- Distance: 25 km
- Number of participants: min. 4 and max. 12
- Starting point: Baumgartner Gallery, Via Stefano Franscini 24, 6850 Mendrisio
- How to get there: Mendrisio railway station is just a short walk away. Alternatively, you can arrive by car, parking spaces are reserved for the museum (for a fee)
- Included: expert guide, bicycle, helmet, visit to the Baumgartner Gallery, breakfast, bowls game, cable car ride up, aperitif at Hotel Serpiano, final toast at a wine cellar, 1 bottle of water
- In the event of bad weather: the tour can also be taken by minibus or postponed to another date
- On request: it is possible to organise the tour outside the proposed dates, 2 weeks in advance, min. 4 participants.