Description of the activity
Are you ready for an afternoon of nature, culture and good wine? We offer you a bike tour along the Muggio Valley, the southernmost valley in Switzerland and Landscape of the Year 2014.
The meeting point is at the Mendrisiotto Terroir headquarters in Balerna. Here you will meet our local guides, who, riding our flaming red bikes, will take you on an excursion to discover the secrets of this enchanting valley.
During the tour you will get to know 3 wine cellars and have the opportunity to taste at least 8 wines from the Mendrisiotto, the most wine-growing region in Italian Switzerland. In addition, you will have the opportunity to visit a real gem: the highest vineyard in Ticino at Scudellate! The excursion will continue through vineyards and picturesque villages, included among the most beautiful villages in Switzerland, giving you pleasant moments immersed in nature.
The Mendrisiotto is a region worth discovering and this experience will give you the chance to do so in an original and entertaining way. What are you waiting for? Book your "Bike&Wine Valle di Muggio" experience now and treat yourself to an unforgettable afternoon!
- Difficulty: easy
- Meeting time: 13:00
- Duration: approx. 5h
- Distance: 17 km (downhill)
- Number of participants: min. 6 and max. 24
- Starting point: Mendrisiotto Terroir c/o Borgovecchio SA, Via Sottobisio 5, 6828 Balerna
- How to get there: Borgovecchio SA can be reached by train/station Balerna or by car / ample parking available
- Included: expert guide, bicycle, helmet, visit to 3 wine cellars, tasting of at least 8 wines from the region accompanied by Mendrisiotto delicacies, 1 bottle of water
- In the event of bad weather: the tour can also be done by minibus or postponed to another date
- On request: it is possible to organise the tour outside the proposed dates, 2 weeks in advance, min. 6 participan