Description of the activity
The capital of the Valais is known for its castles and its well-preserved old town with its many terraces. With the help of a guide, discover monuments usually closed to the public (Wizards' Tower, Roman baths) while tasting local wines and a Valaisan plate (dish of local dried meat and cheese). You will then have a glimpse of one of the oldest cities in Switzerland (7'000 years old !). After this exciting and educational experience, the Sion Wine Tour offers you the possibility to have a meal in a restaurant in the historical centre. You are free to extend your visit by discovering the castles of Valère and Tourbillon or go for a walk along our bisses (pleasant irrigation channels that wind through the vineyards).Programme and services included (example start from 10 am): *
- Meet at the Tourist Office at 10am: 15 minutes walk from Sion station.
- 2 hour guided tour with tasting of 5 wines from Sion on Planta Square, in the Witch Tower and in the Roman baths, followed by a Valais plate taken in a wine cellar.
3 options to choose from:*The offer can also be booked with lunch or dinner (see Sion Wine & Dine Tour offer).Remarks:
- Individual programme such as visit to Valère Castle or hike along Clavau's Bisse.
- Not suitable for small children. The walk is not suitable for pushchairs, possibly with a baby carrier.
- Contact us by chat or e-mail (email@example.com) for bookings of more than 10 people.
10:00am at the Tourism Office in Sion, Place de la Planta 2