Description of the activity
Discover Ticino's most spectacular wine estate with its famous terraced vineyards overlooking the lake and the 15th century Morcote Castle. This family business, which produces some of the best wines in Switzerland, was a pioneer in organic vineyard management and now also applies biodynamics.
You will be guided by professionals through the fascinating discovery of the estate's wines on a journey from the vineyard to the bottle.
During the tour of the estate you will learn about our vision of making wine, the details of organic grape cultivation and the technical and quality aspects of work in the cellar. It ends with the tasting of 6 wines that express the peculiarities of the terroir of Morcote and the Mendrisiotto area.
The offer includes:
- Wine tour through the vineyards surrounding the castle
- Visit to the castle and its inner park, from where there is a spectacular view of the vineyards and the lake
- Discovery of our company philosophy of sustainability and organic and biodynamic management
- Visit and tour of the wine cellar and barrique cellar, technical details of winemaking
- Tasting of 6 wines, accompanied by a platter of local cured meats, cheeses from the Ticino alpine pastures and home-made bread
- Wine tour and tasting take place in all weathers
- Dogs not allowed